Dominion Voice and Data is looking for experienced Infrastructure Techs to work with our Professional Services Team. Dominion is a rapidly growing Managed Service Provider providing IT, telecom, surveillance, and wireless network services both in and outside of Virginia. We are proud of the work we do in support of our clients, and therefore we are particularly interested in people who share our work values and are eager to make a positive contribution to our team. We operate in a collaborative environment where all voices are heard, and new ideas are welcomed.
The Pro Services Tech will work under the general supervision of the Operations Manager and Infrastructure Manager. Technician will perform system installations, lead projects, trouble shoot issues that arise. An understanding of standards for IT Networks, Wireless Networks, Surveillance, Telecom, and best cabling practices is required.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities:
- The ability to travel on occasion to customer sites is critical to job performance, as we have customers both inside and outside of Virginia. (typical travel requirements are 2-4 nights per week every 2 or 3 weeks with advanced notice and we respect family needs)
- Installation and support of a variety of telecommunications products, including but not limited to routers, switches, modems, cloud phone systems, etc.
- Install data infrastructure including but not limited to phone systems, cabling and termination of coax, copper, fiber, and related materials
- Setup of terminals and racks, install data equipment and label of installed wiring and equipment
- Support key projects, providing day-to-day updates to ticketing system and manager as directed
- Check all work orders, job notes, department information and department tasks for accuracy and completeness
- Collaborate with team members, and actively participate in contributing to quality results
- Maintain work vehicles – keep clean of debris, keep organized, document maintenance needs
- Ensure and maintain a clean driving record to be eligible to operate company vehicles
- Participate in ensuring a safe and healthful workplace
Physical and Work Demands:
- Ability to climb ladders, work in network and telecom closets, mdfs, carry up to 75# and use job related tools
- Sit, stand for extended periods, drive for extended periods
- Computer Skills – Must have basic understanding and proficiency with PC/Laptop
- Minimum 2 years of experience in installing cabling, data equipment, or similar system experience.
- Project Leads and Project Management skills a plus.
- Training and Certifications are important, and all employees are encouraged to take advantage of Dominion’s supplemental training support to advance in their career and in turn make the company stronger and more capable